Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What did you do before we had the Internet?

2 peas blogger question of the day. "what did you do before we had the internet?"

Who knows! IT all happened around the same time for me....got married, had a baby...didn't work for a few months...and had nothing to do. I don't know when I even first got on line. I guess it was about 10 years ago! I'll have to ask DH when we first signed up with AOL....and still are with them. Can't imagine having another server, aol is so easy & have used it so long. I guess I probably did more outside, more physical stuff, maybe was more social IRL. I tend to be a homebody but still want some interraction....so online is great. I don't have to "fit in" in a physical or emotional sense...but can still express my interests & make friends. I really got into the WWW when I had the boy. About 6 years ago...I joined a expecting mom board (remember the old aol boards...oh..kinda miss them!)....and met some amazing ladies. Ended up meeting them IRL a few times too! Flew to meet them...weird! I even started scrapbooking about the same time...so a wealth of info on the web for that too! So...what did I do....I DUNNO! It was such a changing time in my life....getting married, not living @ home, etc....I don't remember!

No comments: