Thursday, January 01, 2015

I'm BACK! Going to try and keep up with posting arts, crafts, jewelry, mixed media...etc!

post signatureGoing to start the year of strong...with a painting challenge.  30 Paintings in 30 days!
http://30paintingsin30days.weebly.com/ this is the site I am following along with!  Since there are NO RULES....I figure it's a good one to start with.  I cleaned my craft room today & realized I haven't touched my paints/mixed media table in months...yikes!  So I had a leftover 4X4 deep canvas...it had some stenciled papers already on it....perfect base...

I had used some stencils and gesso....some mists.  This was done months ago...ready to make art!

Its gloomy and cold and WHITE with snow here in Colorado...I had to use some color! I pulled yellow, teal and red.  Used a pallet knife to spread color.  Thought it was too much, so I pulled it off...and loved the results.

I pulled out same stencil from the papers...and applied molding paste.  Since the paint wasn't dry below it grabbed it. I think I like it!

Nice dimension and texture.  I think it's DONE!  For now....later I will likely add some doodles or dimensional art. 
HERE WE GO!

No comments: