Thursday, April 22, 2010

2nd Annual Garden attempt

This is the 2nd year. Last year Brian & I built these raised garden beds. I had them out back...but they didnt' work. Combo of not enough care (too far frm hose), not enough sun, and TWO ROUDY PUPPIES! They never took. This year I moved them. Right up by the side of the house (Brian has to be annoyed!)...you see them as soon as you go out kitchen or come in gate..which is where 99% of our guests arrive! Anyways...the littles & I planted box one w/ early seeds. THe other two are waiting till May 1st to be planted!Look...

they're sprouting!! And I even have the drip line all set up!
Hope this keeps Major out...right!

we marked our plantings.


Each kid planted their own seeds.


We did spinach, cauliflower, peppers, peas, radish's. I cut some branches of my crab apple to stick in the dirt for a 'trellis' that my peas can grown on.





post signature

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Wow! You are brave to have planted already outside. I hope they aren't getting drowned out by all the rain this week! I want to try the raised beds, but haven't taken the time to actually do anything about it. Good luck keeping all the critters out!